Case: Dansk Supermarked
An ambitious online growth strategy for Dansk Supermarked including the investment in a future-proof platform
Dansk Supermarked purchased a new CMS and a number of Adobe’s online marketing products to give themselves the tools necessary to prioritise daily operations and optimise online sales and service.
The project involved an external technical implementation partner, as Dansk Supermarked needed expert advice and coaching in web analytics and the implementation of the systems.
The implementation should always support a company’s goal to drive the online channel as a fundamental part of their overall business. It was essential that Dansk Supermarked were able to produce regular reporting, optimisation, and data-driven development of their online business across many platforms, including in-store kiosk, mobile and web.
eCapacity as advisor and implementation partner
eCapacity served as the crucial link between online business, internal IT and the external CMS implementation partner and ensured a common understanding of the tasks and the goal of the project.
The project’s starting point was based on eCapacity’s experience and structured approach to analytics. Embedded in the project were the following specific activities:
- Identifying needs – defining and prioritising measuring points of internal requirements and business value.
- Implementation guide – preparation of a detailed implementation guide for the technical implementation partner.
- Ongoing support and coaching – expert advice in connection to the specific technical implementation.
- Testing the implementation – including validating the data quality compared to the established requirements and benchmarks.
- User training in new systems – Setting up reports and general support as well as expert advice for optimising online business.
During the entire process eCapacity worked as the link between all parties involved, providing the necessary expert advice and guidance and helping with inspiration, ideas and best practices within the field.
Dansk Supermarked now has their desired web analytics setup that supports the strategy and objectives of the online channel, now and in the future.
The solution provides Dansk Supermarked with the opportunity to document impact of their online business as well as react to everday changes in terms of optimisation and visions to be achieved both on a short and longer term.
“eCapacity’s indepth knowledge, capabilities in the various systems, integration opportunities and interaction between systems secured Dansk Supermarked the desired result.”